Marcos Jr. assures public: Gov't monitoring effects of Enteng | ABS-CBN

ADVERTISEMENT

dpo-dps-seal
Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!

Marcos Jr. assures public: Gov't monitoring effects of Enteng

Marcos Jr. assures public: Gov't monitoring effects of Enteng

Pia Gutierrez,

ABS-CBN News

 | 

Updated Sep 02, 2024 01:46 PM PHT

Clipboard

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. presides over a sectoral meeting on the Creation of Cabinet Cluster for Education on August 13, 2024. Yummie Dingding, PPA pool/FilePresident Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. presides over a sectoral meeting on the Creation of Cabinet Cluster for Education on August 13, 2024. Yummie Dingding, PPA pool/File

MANILA — President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Monday assured the public that the government is on top of the situation as heavy rains brought about by tropical storm Enteng continue to batter many parts of Luzon and Visayas areas.

"Well pagka may ganito meron na kaming standard operating procedures sinusundan na lang natin and of course the main element here is we are monitoring kung ano ba talaga ang weather situation, and of course 'yung flooding. Pero so far 'yung problema 'yung hangin, malakas ang hangin," Marcos Jr. said in an interview in Malacanang.

(Well, we have standard operating procedures for this, so we just follow them. And, of course, we are monitoring the weather and the flooding. The problem so far seems to be the wind. There is strong wind)

He added that weather in Metro Manila could get worse before the storm moves north)

ADVERTISEMENT

"So we are watching it," he said.

Marcos said preparations are in place to aid Filipinos who may be affected by the storm, noting that he is leaving much of the decision-making to local government units.

"So that's what we are watching now and we're prepared for the aftermath of all of this, and as usual nag-forward placement na tayo ng mga pangangailangan, we will just have to wait for the weather to see what it will do," he said.

He said he hopes the storm will veer away "but even if it does not, we have all the elements in place to support our people.."

The President meanwhile directed authorities to give bulletins on work and school suspensions as early as possible, to prevent workers and students from getting stranded amid the inclement weather.

"We will try to give the bulletin as early as possible for work and school tomorrow. Ang instruction ko sa kanila, kung maaari bago tayo matulog alam na antin kung may pasok bukas o hindi. Para makapag-adjust naman 'yung mga tao," he said.

The President, meanwhile, said he does not see the need to meet with national disaster response officials at this time.

"No they're working, alam mo that's always my policy, hindi ko, pagka nasa gitna ng krisis hindi ko sila tinatawag dahil nagtratrabaho sila, besides wala namang, they keep reporting naman to me at very, 'yung sa specific areas doon lang naman nagbabago," he told reporters.

"As a whole, nationwide, regionwide, island-wide kung ano mang area na affected, that's what we are monitoring and we will give the advisories as quickly as we can. So doon kami pumapasok sa national. That's when we come in and make the advisories as to whether or not may pasok sa eskwela, may pasok sa trabaho."

RELATED VIDEO



ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.