MANILA - Kabataan Party-list Rep. Sarah Elago remained the poorest member of the House of Representatives, according to a list released by the lower house of Congress.
Elago had a net worth of P85,400, based on her 2018 Statement of Assets, Liabilities and Net Worth (SALN).
She also had the lowest net worth in 2017 with P75,800.
Kabayan Party-list Rep. Paul Hernandez was the second poorest with a net worth of P340,000.
Here is the list of the 10 poorest lawmakers in the House of Representatives:
- Elago, Sarah Jane (Kabataan) - P85,400
- Hernandez, Paul (Kabayan)- P340,000
- Bordado, Gabriel Jr. (3rd District, Camarines Sur)- P515,658.72
- Brosas, Arlene (Gabriela)- P518,660.00
- Pico, Pepito (DIWA) - P680,000
- Castro, Francisca (ACT-Teachers) - P912,809.05
- Casilao, Ariel (Anakpawis) - P913,350.91
- Canama, Sabiniano (Coop-NATCCO) - P1,515,634
- Zarate, Carlos Isagani (Bayan Muna) - P1,710,048.25
- De Jesus, Emerenciana (Gabriela) - P1,895,000
The House of Representatives on Wednesday released the summary report of the SALN of its members.
Rep. Michael Odylon Romero of 1PACMAN party-list remained the richest congressman in 2018, with a net worth of P7.858 billion.