MANILA -- Rep. Michael Odylon Romero of the 1PACMAN party-list remains the wealthiest congressman in 2017, the lawmakers' statements of assets, liabilities, and net worth (SALN) revealed.
The SALN showed Romero's net worth at P7.29 billion, a few million higher than his P7.01 billion net worth in 2016.
Below is a list of the 15 lawmakers with the highest net worth based on their 2017 SALNs.
1. Michael Odylon Romero, 1PACMAN - P7,291,000,000
2. Emmeline Aglipay Villar, DIWA - P1,407,459,436
3. Alfredo Abelardo Benitez, Negros Occidental - P1,004,995,616
4. Imelda Marcos, Ilocos Norte - P920,800,000
5. Feliciano Belmonte Jr., Quezon City - P861,037,891
6. Virgilio Lacson, MANILA TEACHERS - P791,690,847
7. Bayani Fernando, Marikina City- P739,000,000
8. Vilma Santos-Recto, Batangas - P538,889,914
9. Antonio Floirendo, Davao del Norte - P523,730,122
10. Yedda Marie Romualdez, Leyte - P478,238,349
11. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, Pampanga - P464,767,929
12. Juan Pablo Bondoc, Pampanga - P426,599,667
13. Rosanna Vergara, Nueva Ecija - P326,278,569
14. Abraham Tolentino, Cavite - P302,717,700
15. Ferjenel Biron, Iloilo - P286,368,372
Meanwhile, the lawmaker with the least net worth in 2017 was Kabataan Rep. Sarah Elago with P75,800; followed by Gabriela Rep. Arlene Brosas with P514,560.
House Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez, meanwhile, has a net worth of P91,691,140 in 2017, higher than his P86,498,186 net worth in 2016.
House Majority Leader Rodolfo Fariñas has a net worth of P169,980,000 in 2017, while House minority leader Danilo Suarez has P173,111,465.