Baron, Kiko Matos to settle rift in URCC cage | ABS-CBN

Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!
Baron, Kiko Matos to settle rift in URCC cage
Baron, Kiko Matos to settle rift in URCC cage
ABS-CBN News
Published May 31, 2016 02:25 PM PHT
|
Updated May 31, 2016 03:35 PM PHT

MANILA – (UPDATE) Baron Geisler and Kiko Matos have accepted the invitation of the Universal Reality Combat Championship (URCC) to settle their rift inside the cage.
MANILA – (UPDATE) Baron Geisler and Kiko Matos have accepted the invitation of the Universal Reality Combat Championship (URCC) to settle their rift inside the cage.
The URCC announced on its Facebook page that both actors have contacted their match-maker to say they are willing to fight each other inside the cage.
The URCC announced on its Facebook page that both actors have contacted their match-maker to say they are willing to fight each other inside the cage.
The fight will happen at the Palace Pool Club on June 25.
The fight will happen at the Palace Pool Club on June 25.
On Monday, URCC founder Alvin Aguilar invited Geisler and Matos settle their difference inside the cage, saying this is a chance for them to make something good happen out of their altercation.
On Monday, URCC founder Alvin Aguilar invited Geisler and Matos settle their difference inside the cage, saying this is a chance for them to make something good happen out of their altercation.
ADVERTISEMENT
“If this does push through, we will charge tickets and all the tickets go to charity. Fighting in the streets or in bars is just no good. I’m no stranger to that. That’s something that shouldn’t be done anymore. That’s a thing in the past,” he said earlier.
“If this does push through, we will charge tickets and all the tickets go to charity. Fighting in the streets or in bars is just no good. I’m no stranger to that. That’s something that shouldn’t be done anymore. That’s a thing in the past,” he said earlier.
Aguilar said one of the reasons he put up the URCC was to make sure that people have a proper venue to showcase their skills.
Aguilar said one of the reasons he put up the URCC was to make sure that people have a proper venue to showcase their skills.
“If you guys are going to fight in the bar, you guys are both actors, famous personalities now, that doesn’t set a good example for anybody. Why don’t you settle your fight like real Filipino men? You go in the cage, you finish it, after that kamayan, then tapos na. Kaysa magha-hassle pa kayo ng ibang tao when you go in a bar, you break property, you hurt other people, magkakademandahan pa kayo,” he said.
“If you guys are going to fight in the bar, you guys are both actors, famous personalities now, that doesn’t set a good example for anybody. Why don’t you settle your fight like real Filipino men? You go in the cage, you finish it, after that kamayan, then tapos na. Kaysa magha-hassle pa kayo ng ibang tao when you go in a bar, you break property, you hurt other people, magkakademandahan pa kayo,” he said.
Since both are not professional fighters, Aguilar said: “They will be fighting in the pro-am part of the URCC. We cannot put them in the pros.”
Since both are not professional fighters, Aguilar said: “They will be fighting in the pro-am part of the URCC. We cannot put them in the pros.”
Last week, Geisler and Matos had an altercation during a fundraising event at a bar in Quezon City. A video of their dispute went viral on the Internet.
Last week, Geisler and Matos had an altercation during a fundraising event at a bar in Quezon City. A video of their dispute went viral on the Internet.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT