John Lloyd confirms split with Angelica

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Mar 31 2016 08:07 PM | Updated as of Oct 11 2016 12:53 PM

MANILA - For the past few months, Kapamilya actor John Lloyd Cruz had been evasive about reports regarding his split with actress Angelica Panganiban.

The 32-year-old Cruz on Thursday finally broke his silence and confirmed that his relationship with Panganiban has come to an end.

"Single na single," he said when asked to set the record straight about the current status of his love life. "Wala naman pong nagbabago."

Talent manager Ogie Diaz, citing sources close to the two, earlier said in January that the couple decided to part ways. However, he added that Cruz and Panganiban remain friends.

RELATED STORY: John Lloyd-Angelica split: What went wrong?

Prior to Thursday, neither Cruz nor Panganiban opened up about the report. During that time, Cruz was also romantically linked to "A Second Chance" co-star Bea Alonzo, whom he denied having a relationship with.

"Kayo ang unang makakaalam," Cruz told reporters when prodded to address reports about him and Alonzo. "Atsaka pag ganun hindi naman dapat iyon nililihim o tinatago."

"Life is too short. You have to make every moment count. Sa edad kong to magtatago pa ba? Sila 'JaDine' nga umaamin, tayo pa ba? Nakakahiya naman kung magde-deny pa tayo," he added.

John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo talk to the press about their film "A Second Chance." Shiela Reyes, ABS-CBN News

Last February, several reports claimed to have spotted Cruz and Alonzo, who also broke up with boyfriend Zanjoe Marudo last December, at a resort in Balesin, Quezon.

Cruz has since insisted that he and Alonzo are not a couple. He also said that he does not talk about the rumors with the actress.

"We don't feel the need to talk about it. ...Kasi doon sa mga taong involved doon sa issue, alam nila naman kung ano ang totoo, and madalas sapat na sa amin iyong alam namin ang totoo," he explained.

John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo during the grand press conference of their movie "A Second Chance." Michael Bagtas, ABS-CBN News

Meanwhile, Cruz, in the same interview Thursday, also talked about working with actress Jennylyn Mercado for the upcoming Star Cinema film, "Just The 3 of Us," which is set to hit theaters on April 27.

"[She's] very professional, very dedicated, wala akong masabi. Like all the women na nakatrabaho ko in the past, I think importante si Jennylyn Mercado sa industriya natin. Masaya lang ako na nakatrabaho ko siya," he said.

 

A photo posted by Jennylyn Mercado (@mercadojenny) on

Cruz also hopes that their film will open more doors about possible collaborations between artists from different networks. Mercado is one of the artists of GMA-7.

"Maliit lang itong mundo natin eh. Dapat ma-break ang barriers, dapat mas bumuka pa," he added.