Cash aid first tranche out in 2 weeks as Luzon lockdown nears 1-month mark | ABS-CBN
ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!
Cash aid first tranche out in 2 weeks as Luzon lockdown nears 1-month mark
Cash aid first tranche out in 2 weeks as Luzon lockdown nears 1-month mark
ABS-CBN News
Published Apr 13, 2020 10:21 AM PHT


Watch more on iWantTFC.com. Watch hundreds of Pinoy shows, movies, live sports and news.
Watch more on iWantTFC.com. Watch hundreds of Pinoy shows, movies, live sports and news.
Authorities next week will complete the distribution of the first of 2 tranches of cash aid for 18 million families, the social welfare department said Monday, nearly a month into the lockdown of half of the country's population to curb the COVID-19 pandemic.
Authorities next week will complete the distribution of the first of 2 tranches of cash aid for 18 million families, the social welfare department said Monday, nearly a month into the lockdown of half of the country's population to curb the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some local governments prioritized indigenous people and residents of far-flung barangays. Around 377,000 vulnerable families have received the cash aid so far, said Social Welfare Secretary Rolando Bautista.
Some local governments prioritized indigenous people and residents of far-flung barangays. Around 377,000 vulnerable families have received the cash aid so far, said Social Welfare Secretary Rolando Bautista.
"Ang tina-target po natin dito is after 2 weeks maibigay iyong first tranche ng social amelioration cash assistance," he told DZMM.
"Ang tina-target po natin dito is after 2 weeks maibigay iyong first tranche ng social amelioration cash assistance," he told DZMM.
(We are targeting that after 2 weeks, we can give the first tranche of the social amelioration cash assistance.)
(We are targeting that after 2 weeks, we can give the first tranche of the social amelioration cash assistance.)
ADVERTISEMENT
Vulnerable families stand to get P5,000 to P8,000. The government allocated P200 billion for the 2-month cash subsidies under the Bayanihan to Heal as One Act that gave President Rodrigo Duterte additional powers to address the pandemic.
Vulnerable families stand to get P5,000 to P8,000. The government allocated P200 billion for the 2-month cash subsidies under the Bayanihan to Heal as One Act that gave President Rodrigo Duterte additional powers to address the pandemic.
Bautista said his agency would validate beneficiaries before the next tranche of aid is rolled out.
Bautista said his agency would validate beneficiaries before the next tranche of aid is rolled out.
The lockdown on Luzon, home to half the country's 100 million people was extended for 18 days until April 30.
The lockdown on Luzon, home to half the country's 100 million people was extended for 18 days until April 30.
The Philippines as of Sunday confirmed 4,648 cases of the disease, with 297 deaths and 197 patients who recovered.
The Philippines as of Sunday confirmed 4,648 cases of the disease, with 297 deaths and 197 patients who recovered.
DZMM, April 13, 2020
Read More:
COVID-19
COVID latest
COVID updates
COVID second wave
ncov
health
virus
coronavirus
COVID lockdown
COVID Luzon lockdown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT