Team Pacquiao turns down offers for rematches vs Thurman, Jeff Horn

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Aug 09 2019 07:30 PM | Updated as of Aug 10 2019 01:40 AM

In this file photo taken late on June 6, 2019, Manny Pacquiao trains at a gym in Manila. According to a business associate of his, Pacquiao's camp will not entertain offers to fight Keith Thurman or Jeff Horn again. Noel Celis, AFP/file

Manny Pacquiao has already assured his fans he’ll be returning to the ring early next year.

But he wouldn’t be fighting either Keith Thurman or Jeff Horn, and MP Promotions chief Sean Gibbons made that clear.

“No. Nothing to prove. [Thurman] had his shot. Game over,” Gibbons said in an article posted on BoxingScene.com.

Regarding Horn, Gibbon said: “Horn who? Another desperate guy.”

For Gibbons, there's only one name he covets: “We want (Floyd) Mayweather.”

Pacquiao wrested the WBA “super” welterweight crown from Thurman last month in a split decision.

Thurman later said he didn’t lose and that the bout should have ended in a draw.

"I'm ready for the rematch,” said Thurman in a previous report.

Meanwhile, Horn won a controversial decision against Pacquiao in 2017. His coach, Glenn Rushton, is angling to have his boxer take on the Filipino champion again.

For more sports coverage, visit the ABS-CBN Sports website.