DFA: More than 23,000 overseas Filipinos repatriated since February | ABS-CBN

ADVERTISEMENT

dpo-dps-seal
Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!

DFA: More than 23,000 overseas Filipinos repatriated since February

DFA: More than 23,000 overseas Filipinos repatriated since February

ABS-CBN News

Clipboard

MANILA - More than 23,000 Filipinos have been brought home from abroad since February when the government started its repatriation program due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said Thursday.

The DFA said in a statement that "16,688 seafarers and 7,022 land-based overseas Filipinos" have been repatriated after 42 new arrivals were greeted by the department earlier in the day.

This accounts for a total of 23,710 Filipinos repatriated.

After the novel coronavirus emerged from China in November, the DFA has been coordinating with Filipinos in countries hit by the pandemic.

ADVERTISEMENT

As of Thursday, the number of Filipinos abroad who contracted the novel coronavirus disease is 1,677, of whom 201 died and 401 others recovered, said the DFA.

In the Philippines, the coronavirus has so far infected 8,488 people, with 586 deaths and 1,043 recoveries. - with a report from Willard Cheng, ABS-CBN News

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.