De Lima rapped over release of Abu Sayyaf bandits | ABS-CBN

ADVERTISEMENT

dpo-dps-seal
Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!

De Lima rapped over release of Abu Sayyaf bandits

De Lima rapped over release of Abu Sayyaf bandits

Vina Araneta-Pilapil,

ABS-CBN News

Clipboard

Temogen "Cocoy" Tulawie. Vina Araneta-Pilapil, ABS-CBN News

DAVAO CITY - Former justice secretary and now Senator Leila de Lima, former Sulu governor Abdusakur Tan and three others are facing charges before the Office of the Ombudsman - Mindanao for their supposed involvement in the release from jail of three suspected Abu Sayyaf members.

Temogen "Cocoy" Tulawie and Abner Salahi Tahil filed on Friday charges of "financing terrorism, dishonesty, neglect of duty, grave misconduct and conduct prejudicial to the best interest of the service" against De Lima, Tan, Atty. Mehol Sadain, Atty. Wendell Sotto, and Ediwasif Baddiri.

In his affidavit, Tulawie accused the five of violating Section 4 of Republic Act No. 10168 or ''The Terrorism Financing Prevention and Suppression Act of 2012'' for knowingly and directly aiding, protecting, providing shelter, transportation and legal services and financing the release of Mohammad Sali Said, Jul Ahmad Ahadi and Robin Sahiyal from the Special Intensive Care Area of Camp Bagong Diwa in Taguig on February 15, 2013.

"There's a need to expose itong evidence that we have and witness para at least ma-expose at ma-dismantle iyung mga taong nagbibigay ng aid sa mga terrorists like Abu Sayyaf,” Tulawie said.

ADVERTISEMENT

(There's a need to expose the evidence and witness that we have so we can expose the people aiding Abu Sayyaf terrorists.)

Tulawie stressed that they only managed to file the complaint now because at that time, he was still detained at the Manila City Jail while Tahil was jailed at the Special Intensive Care Area of Camp Bagong Diwa.

Tulawie and Tahil had been tagged in a bombing in Sulu in 2009.

Tulawie alleged that then Justice secretary De Lima did not bother to respond to formal letters and media statements condemning the release of the Abu Sayyaf inmates.

"I have personal knowledge dito na may Abu Sayyaf na ni-release nila sa jail. Si Secretary, siya yung nag-utos na mapalaya yung mga Abu Sayyaf,” Tulawie said.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.