MANILA - The Bureau of Fire Protection on Wednesday said the fire that razed Star City amusement park in Pasay City might have been caused by electrical overload.
The BFP said it was also looking at possible arson as different areas seemed to have caught fire at the same time.
The amusement park, however, said it believes the fire was an accident.
The blaze erupted at 12:22 a.m. Wednesday and was believed to have started in the stockroom of plushies and an assortment of prizes, Pasay City fire marshal Paul Pili said.
Flames quickly spread to other parts of the building and huge plumes of smoke were seen billowing into the sky. The blaze was brought under control at 4:30 a.m.
Star City added that it might reopen in time for the Christmas season but it would need clearance from the BFP.
It earlier said would be closed to the public this December and might reopen in October 2020.
--Report from Jeck Batallones, ABS-CBN News