MANILA- The scheduled closure starting Thursday of the Estrella-Pantaleon Bridge, also known as the Rockwell Bridge, will not push through, a Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) official said Wednesday.
MMDA spokesperson Celine Pialago said a new schedule of the bridge's closure would be released soon.
"Our team just had a meeting with Rockwell and it was decided to not proceed with the bridge closure tomorrow so as to give them more time to disseminate the info to their residents and stakeholders," she said in a message.
The Estrella-Pantaleon Bridge, which connects Mandaluyong City and Makati's posh Rockwell area, is going to be replaced by a new bridge, the Department of Public Works and Highways previously said.
The replacement bridge will have "four lanes, but will be a 560-meter Twin Spine steel box girder bridge with concrete deck slab.”
Over 100,000 motorists use the Estrella-Pantaleon Bridge on a daily basis, the MMDA said.