Teo, Tulfos face probe on P60M DOT ad buy

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Aug 14 2018 10:30 AM

MANILA - Former Tourism Secretary Wanda Teo and her siblings, broadcasters Erwin and Ben Tulfo, showed up Tuesday at a Senate inquiry into a P60-million tourism ad placement on the brothers' television program.

Teo resigned from President Rodrigo Duterte's Cabinet in May after state auditors flagged the alleged lack of contract when government station PTV-4 aired tourism ads on "Kilos Pronto," a blocktimer show hosted by the Tulfo brothers.

Teo earlier said there was no conflict of interest with the P60-million "segment buy" because her agency entered the contract with PTV-4, not Kilos Pronto's producer.

Her lawyer, Ferdinand Topacio, said the Tulfo siblings return the ad money “to show their good faith and their goodwill.”

However, Ben Tulfo last month said he and his siblings will not do so because the ad transaction was above board.

Also at Tuesday's hearing was Secretary Martin Andanar of the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO), which oversees PTV-4.

Watch a livestreaming of the Senate hearing here.