'Saka na love life': Cavite cancels 'jowa' passes, lays down 19 other MECQ rules

Jamaine Punzalan, ABS-CBN News

Posted at Aug 04 2020 07:17 AM | Updated as of Aug 04 2020 03:28 PM

People maintain safe distance as they queue to enter the public market in Zapote-Bacoor, April 17, 2020. Czar Dancel, ABS-CBN News/File 

MANILA - Cavite province will cancel "jowa" passes and implement at least 19 other guidelines during its return to the second strictest lockdown level to arrest the spread of the novel coronavirus, Governor Jonvic Remulla said Tuesday. 
 
Residents of Calabarzon region's most populous province were previously allowed to cross towns without a travel pass to visit their boyfriends or girlfriends. 

During the MECQ or modified enhanced community quarantine from Aug. 4 to 18, unofficial travel will be strictly limited and all "jowa" passes are canceled, Remulla said on Facebook. 

"Saka na love life. Health life muna. Hayaan mo siya dun sa malayo muna," he replied to a comment about this guideline. 

(Love life will have to wait. Health life comes first. Let him or her stay away for now.) 

Home to some 3.7 million people, Cavite will also implement the following rules, said the governor. 

1. One member of every household will get a non-transferable quarantine pass or q-pass. 
2. A "stay-at-home" order is in effect and those wandering outside their homes without a q-pass will be fined. 
3. Factories will continue operating. 
4. Employees are required to present their work ID and work schedule from their human resources division at checkpoints. 
5. All modes of public transport can operate if they will serve factories and essential workers. Social distancing rules shall apply.
6. Each town or city will implement a policy for market runs. 
7. Curfew hours are from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. 
8. Golf courses are closed.
9. Malls will reimpose a "local residents" protocol, except for Tagaytay, Trece Martires, Indang and Amadeo.
10. Mall operations will be limited to essential banks, supermarkets and pharmacies. Department stores will be closed.
11. All restaurants are banned from offering dine-in services. 
12. Construction for the public and private sectors will be allowed at full capacity subject to monitoring and enforcement by the public works department for state projects and by the local government or labor department for private projects. 
13. Barangay checkpoints shall be enforced.
14. Tiangges, barber shops, salons and computer shops will be closed.
15. The public is banned from changing their residence. 
16. A liquor ban will be up to mayors. 
17. Wakes are banned. 
18. The public should refrain from being smart alecks in questioning pandemic protocols. "Bago magtanong ay tandaan: Bawal ang pilosopo, bawal ang 'paano kung...' at PLEASE READ AGAIN," said Remulla. 
19. Inter-province travel will be restricted to purposes of official business. 

Remulla said he would give more details about the guidelines in a Facebook livestream at 4 p.m. Tuesday. 

Cavite has recorded 1,824 cases of COVID-19, including 525 patients who recovered and 57 deaths. 

President Rodrigo Duterte also placed Metro Manila, Laguna, Rizal and Bulacan under MECQ for the next 2 weeks, after exhausted health workers called for "breathing space" from the pandemic as cases of COVID-19 breached the 100,000-mark this weekend.