MANILA- President Rodrigo Duterte on Wednesday signed into law
Republic Act 10929 on free internet access in public places.
The "Free Internet Access in Public Places Act" also says that the minimum internet speed per user should be two megabits per second (2 Mbps) or as prescribed by the National Broadband Plan.
Public places covered by the law are:
- National and local government offices;
- Public basic education institutions;
- State universities and colleges, and Technical Education and Skills
- Development Authority (TESDA) technology institutions;
- Public hospitals, health centers, and rural health units;
- Public parks, plazas, libraries, and barangay reading centers;
- Public airports and seaports; and,
- Public transport terminals.
The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) will be the lead implementing agency of the law.
Read the full law here: