MANILA (UPDATED) - Tropical Storm Dante made landfall over Eastern Samar Tuesday night, the state weather bureau said.
PAGASA said the center of Dante made landfall in the vicinity of Sulat town in Eastern Samar at 8:30 p.m.
In its 11 p.m. weather bulletin, PAGASA said the center of Dante was last spotted in the vicinity of Tarangnan, Samar, packing maximum sustained winds of 65 kilometers per hour (kph) with gusts of up to 80 kph.
The country's 4th storm, which has so far killed 3 people and left 1 missing after lashing Mindanao, has decelerated and is now moving northwestward at 15 kph from 30 kph.
PAGASA said Dante is likely to to remain as tropical storm before it makes a second landfall over Sorsogon or Masbate. It could then weaken further into a tropical depression at a much earlier time frame due to the impact of its interaction with land.
Tropical cyclone wind Signal No. 2 was hoisted over the following areas:
- Camarines Sur
- Camarines Norte
- the eastern portion of Romblon (Cajidiocan, Magdiwang, San Fernando)
- the eastern portion of Marinduque (Santa Cruz, Torrijos)
- the southern portion of Quezon (Atimonan, Padre Burgos, Agdangan, Unisan, Perez, Alabat, Plaridel, Gumaca, Quezon, Calauag, Tagkawayan, Guinayangan, Lopez, Pitogo, Macalelon, General Luna, Catanauan, Buenavista, San Narciso, Mulanay, San Francisco, San Andres)
- the northern and central portions of Samar (Santa Rita, Villareal, Daram, Talalora, Zumurraga, Pinabacdao, Calbiga, San Sebastian, Paranas, Hinabangan, San Jose de Buan, Matuguinao, Motiong, Jiabong, City of Catbaloga, Tarangnan, San Jorge, Gandara, Santa Margarita, Pagsanghan, Calbayog City, Tagapul-An, Almagro, Santo Niño)
- the western portion of Northern Samar (Las Navas, Pambujan, San Roque, Silvino Lobos, Mondragon, Lope de Vega, Catarman, Bobon, San Jose, Rosario, Lavezares, Biri, Allen, Victoria, San Isidro, San Antonio, Capul, San Vicente)
The following areas were placed under tropical cyclone wind Signal No. 1:
- Nueva Vizcaya
- the eastern portion of Nueva Ecija (Carranglan, Pantabangan, Bongabon, Laur, Gabaldon, General Tinio, Palayan City, Rizal, General Mamerto Natividad)
- the eastern portion of Bulacan (Doña Remedios Trinidad, Norzagaray)
- the eastern portion of Batangas (Lobo, San Juan, Rosario, Taysan, City of Tanauan, Santo Tomas, Malvar, Lipa City, Padre Garcia, Ibaan, Batangas City, Balete, Mataasnakahoy, San Jose)
- the rest of Quezon including Polillo Islands
- the rest of Marinduque
- the rest of Romblon
- Oriental Mindoro
- Eastern Samar
- the rest of Samar
- the rest of Northern Samar
- Southern Leyte
- the northern portion of Capiz (Mambusao, Sapi-An, Jamindan, Sigma, Dao, Ma-Ayon, Ivisan, Roxas City, Panay, Panitan, Pontevedra, President Roxas, Pilar, Cuartero)
- the northeastern portion of Iloilo (Lemery, Ajuy, Sara, Concepcion, San Dionisio, Batad, Carles, Balasan, Estancia)
- the northern portion of Negros Occidental (Manapla, Cadiz City, Sagay City, City of Escalante, Toboso, City of Victorias, Calatrava)
- the northern portion of Cebu (Balamban, Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, Cordova, Mandaue City, Consolacion, Liloan, Compostela, Danao City, Tuburan, Asturias, Carmen, Catmon, Sogod, Tabuelan, Tabogon, Borbon, San Remigio, City of Bogo, Medellin, Daanbantayan, Toledo City, City of Talisay, Minglanilla) including Bantayan and Camotes Islands
- the northeastern portion of Bohol (Getafe, Talibon, Bien Unido, Trinidad, Ubay, San Miguel, Buenavista, Danao, Inabanga, Alicia, Dagohoy, Pilar, Mabini, Pres. Carlos P. Garcia, Candijay, Anda, Guindulman)
- Surigao del Norte including Siargao and Bucas Grande Islands
- Dinagat Island
- the northern portion of Agusan del Norte (Kitcharao, Jabonga)
- the northern portion of Agusan del Sur (Sibagat),
- the northern portion of Surigao del Sur (Cantilan, Carrascal)
Visit the ABS-CBN Weather Center for more updates