Paolo Duterte seeks probe vs Trillanes, Hontiveros over 'Bikoy' videos

ABS-CBN News

Posted at May 23 2019 12:19 PM

MANILA - Davao Representative-elect Paolo Duterte on Thursday said Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV's and other lawmakers' involvement in the alleged production of web videos that tagged the Duterte family to drug syndicates should be investigated.

Peter Advincula earlier surrendered to police and claimed that he was paid P500,000 by Trillanes' camp to appear as the hooded figure in the viral "Ang Totoong Narcolist" videos that claimed Rep Duterte and Senator-elect Bong Go received pay-offs from drug lords.

Advincula also alleged that Sen. Risa Hontiveros and members of the Liberal Party were involved in the video production.

"It was obviously designed to inspire public disgust against the government," Rep. Duterte said.

"All the lies presented were also meant to crush the trust of the Filipino people in the government and the Duterte administration," he said.

"I believe a proper investigation is in order," he said.

The President's son earlier said Trillanes was involved in the series of videos uploaded on YouTube.

"From the very start, it was clear that the Bikoy videos were fabricated with a narrative taken straight from the playbook of people whose desire is to destroy our name and our reputation," Duterte said.

Trillanes and Duterte had been trading barbs since 2017 when the soldier-turned-senator hauled the Duterte scion to a Senate probe over his alleged involvement in the illegal drug trade.