Quezon City coronavirus cases surge past 1,400 | ABS-CBN

Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!
Quezon City coronavirus cases surge past 1,400
Quezon City coronavirus cases surge past 1,400
ABS-CBN News
Published May 07, 2020 01:45 AM PHT

MANILA – The total number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in Quezon City on Wednesday reached 1,464, the local government said.
MANILA – The total number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in Quezon City on Wednesday reached 1,464, the local government said.
Citing Department of Health (DOH) data, the city government said the total deaths have risen to 132 and the recoveries at 292.
Citing Department of Health (DOH) data, the city government said the total deaths have risen to 132 and the recoveries at 292.
The city government also revealed that the number of COVID-19 cases with complete addresses in Quezon City is now at 1,324.
The city government also revealed that the number of COVID-19 cases with complete addresses in Quezon City is now at 1,324.
Of this number, the Quezon City Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit and district health offices have validated 1,102 cases so far.
Of this number, the Quezon City Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit and district health offices have validated 1,102 cases so far.
ADVERTISEMENT
Barangay Batasan Hills still has the most COVID-19 cases with 58, followed by Culiat with 48 and Matandang Balara at 41.
Barangay Batasan Hills still has the most COVID-19 cases with 58, followed by Culiat with 48 and Matandang Balara at 41.
Meanwhile, District 4 has the most COVID-19 cases among the city's 6 districts, with 279.
Meanwhile, District 4 has the most COVID-19 cases among the city's 6 districts, with 279.
The city government has placed 34 barangays under "extreme enhanced community quarantine" due to higher risk of COVID-19 transmission.
The city government has placed 34 barangays under "extreme enhanced community quarantine" due to higher risk of COVID-19 transmission.
Barangay Bagong Silangan was earlier placed under 24-hour hard lockdown as cases in the area surged.
Barangay Bagong Silangan was earlier placed under 24-hour hard lockdown as cases in the area surged.
The national government has extended the enhanced community quarantine in Metro Manila and other regions for another two weeks while placing other areas under a general community quarantine.
The national government has extended the enhanced community quarantine in Metro Manila and other regions for another two weeks while placing other areas under a general community quarantine.
To date, the Philippines has tallied 10,004 coronavirus infections, of whom 658 died while 1,506 have recovered.
To date, the Philippines has tallied 10,004 coronavirus infections, of whom 658 died while 1,506 have recovered.
Read More:
Quezon City
QC
health
virus
coronavirus
2019 Novel Coronavirus
2019-nCoV
2019 Novel Coronavirus acute respiratory disease
2019-nCoV ARD
coronavirus disease 2019
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT