MANILA (UPDATE) – A graduate of the University of Santo Tomas (UST)-Legazpi topped the roster of 2,103 who passed the 2019 bar exams.
The Supreme Court said Wednesday 27.36 percent of 7,699 candidates passed the bar.
Mae Diane Azores of UST-Legazpi got the highest score.
Below is the list of examinees who got the 10 highest scores:
1. AZORES, Mae Diane M. – University of Santo Tomas-Legazpi
2. PARAHIMAN, Princess Fatima T. – University of the East
3. BARANDA, Myra M. - University of Santo Tomas-Legazpi
4. BANDIOLA, Dawna Fya O. – San Beda College-Alabang
5. FABELLO, Jocelyn B. – Palawan State University
6. MANUEL, Kenneth Glenn L. – University of Santo Tomas
7. BUERGO, Rhowee D. - Jose Rizal University
8. AVILA, Anton Luis A. – Saint Louis University
9. ROJAS, Jun Dexter H. - Polytechnic University of the Philippines
10. MADERA, Bebelan A. – University of St. La Salle
The 2019 Bar exams were held at UST in Manila during all four Sundays of November.
It covered various subjects, including political law, labor law, civil law, taxation, mercantile law, criminal law, remedial law and legal and judicial ethics.
The Supreme Court designated 2 examiners for every subject to “promote operational efficiency.” Associate Justice Estela Perlas-Bernabe headed the 2019 Bar Examinations Committee.
-- Report from Mike Navallo, ABS-CBN News