DOH: COVID-19 cases in Quezon City now at 982 | ABS-CBN
ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!
DOH: COVID-19 cases in Quezon City now at 982
DOH: COVID-19 cases in Quezon City now at 982
ABS-CBN News
Published Apr 16, 2020 02:31 AM PHT

MANILA - The Quezon City government late Wednesday said the total number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in the city has reached 982, according to the Department of Health (DOH).
MANILA - The Quezon City government late Wednesday said the total number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in the city has reached 982, according to the Department of Health (DOH).
The number of COVID-19 cases with complete addresses in Quezon City is now at 812, the city government added.
The number of COVID-19 cases with complete addresses in Quezon City is now at 812, the city government added.
Of this number, the QC Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit has validated 661 cases so far.
Of this number, the QC Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit has validated 661 cases so far.
Four new fatalities were recorded, bringing the total of coronavirus-related deaths in the city at 79, while 2 new recoveries were reported, bringing the total to 72.
Four new fatalities were recorded, bringing the total of coronavirus-related deaths in the city at 79, while 2 new recoveries were reported, bringing the total to 72.
ADVERTISEMENT
Thirty-one barangays in the city have been placed under extreme enhanced community quarantine.
Thirty-one barangays in the city have been placed under extreme enhanced community quarantine.
Meanwhile, the city government also reported that the HOPE 1 quarantine facility it established has 5 available rooms. There are currently 31 confirmed cases and 4 probable cases in the facility.
Meanwhile, the city government also reported that the HOPE 1 quarantine facility it established has 5 available rooms. There are currently 31 confirmed cases and 4 probable cases in the facility.
Its HOPE 2 facility has 107 available beds per room. Those who have been tested in the city's community-based testing are brought to HOPE 2 for self-isolation while waiting for results.
Its HOPE 2 facility has 107 available beds per room. Those who have been tested in the city's community-based testing are brought to HOPE 2 for self-isolation while waiting for results.
A total of 149 tests were conducted under the city's community-based testing as of Wednesday.
A total of 149 tests were conducted under the city's community-based testing as of Wednesday.
The city's Fresh Market on Wheels project has also rolled out to 14 barangays. The project supports local vegetable vendors while the Fresh Market Pop-Up sources its vegetable supply from partner farmers in Pangasinan.
The city's Fresh Market on Wheels project has also rolled out to 14 barangays. The project supports local vegetable vendors while the Fresh Market Pop-Up sources its vegetable supply from partner farmers in Pangasinan.
On Thursday, the Fresh Market on Wheels will be going to barangays Sto. Domingo, Paltok. E. Rodriguez, South Triangle, Sto. Cristo, Project 6, Bayanihan, San Vicente, San Antonio, New Era, Marilag and San Agustin.
On Thursday, the Fresh Market on Wheels will be going to barangays Sto. Domingo, Paltok. E. Rodriguez, South Triangle, Sto. Cristo, Project 6, Bayanihan, San Vicente, San Antonio, New Era, Marilag and San Agustin.
Mayor Joy Belmonte has also ordered the implementation of stricter precautionary measures such as social distancing and sanitation procedures in all private and public markets in the city.
Mayor Joy Belmonte has also ordered the implementation of stricter precautionary measures such as social distancing and sanitation procedures in all private and public markets in the city.
All 8 city-owned and 73 privately-owned markets and talipapas are instructed to have single entry and exit points to prevent mass entry.
All 8 city-owned and 73 privately-owned markets and talipapas are instructed to have single entry and exit points to prevent mass entry.
Markets will be open for business from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Markets will be open for business from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m.
As of April 15, a total of 18,400 tricycle and taxi drivers have received financial aid under the Kalingang QC program, the local government said.
As of April 15, a total of 18,400 tricycle and taxi drivers have received financial aid under the Kalingang QC program, the local government said.
The program aims to help tricycle and jeepney drivers, market vendors, solo parents and persons with disabilities whose livelihoods have been affected by the enhanced community quarantine.
The program aims to help tricycle and jeepney drivers, market vendors, solo parents and persons with disabilities whose livelihoods have been affected by the enhanced community quarantine.
Read More:
Quezon City
coronavirus
COVID-19
coronavirus Quezon City update
COVID
coronavirus disease Quezon City
COVID-19 Quezon City update
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT