MANILA - The Quezon City government late Wednesday said the total number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in the city has reached 670, according to the Department of Health (DOH).
The number of COVID-19 cases with complete addresses in Quezon City is now at 625.
However, the total number of validated cases by the QC Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit is only 557 so far.
The city also has 480 active COVID-19 cases.
The Quezon City government also said it has recorded 16 new fatalities, with the total coronavirus-related deaths in the city now at 50, while one new recovery was reported, bringing the total to 27.
Thirty-one barangays in the city have been placed under extreme enhanced community quarantine.
In an effort to contain the virus, decontamination efforts are ongoing in different barangays, city officials said.
As of Wednesday, the total of disinfected areas are at 619 locations in 142 barangays.
Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte has issued Executive Order No. 26, series of 2020, which punishes discrimination against persons infected or suspected of having COVID-19, as well as members of their households.
The order also protects health and emergency workers, as well as their families, from discrimination.