MANILA- The Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) warned Monday of shellfish consumption in several areas due to paralytic shellfish poison.
Laboratory results as of Jan. 31 reveal that consumption of all types of shellfish and "alamang" from the following areas are not safe for humans:
1. Matarinao Bay in Eastern Samar
2. Cancabato Bay in Tacloban City, Leyte
3. Lianga Bay in Surigao del Sur
4. Coastal waters of Dauis and Tagbiliaran City, Bohol
5. Puerto Princesa Bay in Palawan
6. Coastal waters of Pampanga
7. Coastal waters of Bataan namely:
Fish, squids, shrimps, and crabs meanwhile are safe to eat provided that these are fresh, washed thoroughly, and internal organs such as gills and intestines are removed before cooking.