BINI management to take action against 'deepfake' photos, videos | ABS-CBN

ADVERTISEMENT

dpo-dps-seal
Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!

BINI management to take action against 'deepfake' photos, videos

BINI management to take action against 'deepfake' photos, videos

ABS-CBN News

 | 

Updated Sep 03, 2024 09:02 AM PHT

Clipboard

Filipino girl group BINI holds a meet and greet event for their fans on their third year anniversary dubbed Bini Hour at the One Ayala Mall in Makai City on June 11, 2024. Maria Tan, ABS-CBN NewsFilipino girl group BINI holds a meet and greet event for their fans on their third year anniversary dubbed Bini Hour at the One Ayala Mall in Makai City on June 11, 2024. Maria Tan, ABS-CBN News

MANILA -- The management of the Nation's Girl Group on Monday said they are set to take action against individuals who have been spreading "deepfake" photos and videos of BINI on social media.

The group's fans, or Blooms, have rallied online to "protect BINI" against the malicious acts.

"It has come to our attention that there are malicious, edited deepfake photos and videos of BINI members circulating on social media," the group's official account posted on its social media pages.

"We strongly condemn these harmful acts. Our team has already taken action to remove some of these accounts. We are working with the proper government agencies and authorities to identify the individuals behind these acts and pursue legal action," they added.

ADVERTISEMENT

Management added that the safety and well-being of the Nation's Girl Group is "our top priority."

"We will continue to monitor and take all necessary measures against any form of exploitation or harassment," they said.

Star Magic has previously warned of legal action against "online bullies" of BINI. At the time, Atty. Joji Alonso, the legal counsel of Star Magic, said they have tapped the appropriate government agencies and private service providers to gather evidence.

-- With a report from MJ Felipe, ABS-CBN News


RELATED VIDEO:






ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.