Anne Curtis and John Lloyd
MANILA – Anne Curtis was reportedly involved in an embarrassing confrontation with John Lloyd Cruz where she slapped the actor and two others at a bar in The Fort, Taguig.
In an article published on entertainment site Pep.ph, JR Isaac, editor and publisher of Circuit Magazine, narrated to Pep editor-in-chief Jo-Ann Maglipon how the incident unfolded last November 23.
Describing it as a typical Friday night, Isaac said he was then hanging out with his friends Leah de Guzman, Charina Zarte, Nix Alano, Phoemela Barranda, Jake Cuenca, and Cruz at the Privé Luxury Club along with the bar's co-owner JM Rodriguez.
Isaac said Curtis was also at the place hosting a bachelorette party for a friend.
While waiting for his drink along with de Guzman near the bar, they heard someone shouting from behind.
“We heard a loud voice saying, 'Who's banging my door?' We didn't know who or where it was at first! Just loud, coming from behind us. When we turned around, we saw, stepping out of the toilet, Anne, very mad,” he said.
Isaac said Curtis then slapped him on the face, as well as de Guzman and Cruz. He even recounted Curtis calling Cruz an addict.
"This all happened so fast. Anne was making so much noise, shouting at JL: 'You are an addict!' Ang bilis, di ko na alam ang nangyayari. Basta wala akong narinig from JL, he behaved like a gentleman. Makikita mo talaga kung sino yung well-mannered pag may ganyan,” he said.
Isaac said Curtis then turned to Barranda. "Anne screamed, with finger pointing at Phoem the whole time, like she pointed it at JL. She had all this rage, she was agit.”
He added, "Anne screamed, with finger pointing at Phoem Barranda, saying, 'I can buy you, your friends, and this club!'”
Saying things happened so fast, Isaac recalled being ushered by the bouncers away from the drunk “It’s Showtime” host.
"The management and [club] PR all came to our table and apologized to us. They saw the whole thing. They know we were the ones slapped. In the end, we stayed. We didn't allow it to ruin our night,” he said.
On the afternoon of November 23, Isaac recalled receiving a text message from an apologetic Curtis.
The text message went: “"JR! It's Anne. Got your number from Monique! Tried messaging you on Facebook this morning. Just want to apologize for my behavior! I'm so so so sorry. I'm so ashamed. Would never act like that in the right state of mind! I'm so sorry. Please forgive me!"
To which, Isaac responded: "Hi Anne, just woke up and read your text. Apology accepted... On a lighter note, you owe me a tight hug!!! Going back to sleep, nursing my hang over."
According to Isaac, he harbors no ill feelings toward Curtis because he has known the actress since way back.
Meanwhile, Curtis took to micro-blogging site Twitter to address the controversy.
With over five million followers, Curtis said she “owe[s] all of you my honesty.”
“I choose to do this right away because I've always been an open book & I don't like to hide anything...
For those who have read about the issue, yes, most of it is true. I admit to that & I have apologized to all parties included immediately,” she said.
“When I was told of my behavior AND the person who started all of this, due to this persons inappropriate behavior, apologized to me too… Just as I did. Which I accepted too. I choose not to go into detail because I'm not the type to ruin someone else's name,” she added.
Noting what she has learned from the incident, Curtis said: “Now.. I had been on the super popular juice cleanse for 3 days & attended my best friends bachelorette [party] that night, had one too many drinks which led to some of these unfortunate events. That's why they say 'Drink in moderation'. I will charge it to experience & a lesson learned.”
The actress also apologized to her fans for what she has done.
“I'm sorry if I let any of my fans down.... As you all see, I'm just like any other person that makes mistakes in life,” she said.
Putting an end to the issue, Curtis said she will not speak of the matter anymore.