MANILA - Globe Telecom said several free call, WiFi and charging stations are now available in Batangas after thousands of residents have relocated due to the Taal Volcano unrest.
As of 3 p.m. Monday, Libreng Tawag, Charging, and WiFi (LTLCW) stations are available in the following areas:
- Malabanan Elementary School in Brgy. Malabanan, Balete, Batangas from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- San Gregorio Integrated School in Brgy. San Gregorio, Laurel Batangas from 10 a.m. to to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Agoncillo Poblacion Covered Court in Brgy. Poblacion, Agoncillo, Batangas
- July 5 from 12 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- July 6 to 7 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Residents in Laurel, Batangas and other barangays nearest to the Taal volcano were evacuated after the state seismology bureau Phivolcs raised the warning to Alert level 3 from Alert level 2 due to a phreatomagmatic eruption on Thursday.
Phivolcs has kept the Alert Level 3 warning to date.
Both Globe and PLDT Inc have said their facilities are on standby if more stations are needed in designated evacuation areas.
Refresh this page for updates.