Reporter denies De Castro was source in articles cited in impeach rap | ABS-CBN
ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!
Reporter denies De Castro was source in articles cited in impeach rap
Reporter denies De Castro was source in articles cited in impeach rap
ABS-CBN News
Published Nov 27, 2017 02:47 PM PHT

MANILA - A Manila Times reporter denied Monday he revealed his sources in an article that was used in the impeachment complaint against Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno.
MANILA - A Manila Times reporter denied Monday he revealed his sources in an article that was used in the impeachment complaint against Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno.
Journalist Jomar Canlas told lawmakers he did not disclose to lawyer Lorenzo Gadon, who has lodged the complaint against Sereno, his source. He denied that his source was Associate Justice Teresita De Castro.
Journalist Jomar Canlas told lawmakers he did not disclose to lawyer Lorenzo Gadon, who has lodged the complaint against Sereno, his source. He denied that his source was Associate Justice Teresita De Castro.
"I have never revealed to anyone my source or sources in the article, who suffice it to say are reliable and well-placed sources," he said in a House justice committee hearing.
"I have never revealed to anyone my source or sources in the article, who suffice it to say are reliable and well-placed sources," he said in a House justice committee hearing.
"I also hereby categorically deny that Justice De Castro was my source in the news article entitle ‘Justice blasts Sereno over TRO mess'," he added.
"I also hereby categorically deny that Justice De Castro was my source in the news article entitle ‘Justice blasts Sereno over TRO mess'," he added.
ADVERTISEMENT
The reporter was asked to attend the impeachment proceeding after Gadon told lawmakers in a hearing last week that he confirmed Sereno’s alleged tampering of a temporary restraining order recommended by De Castro in 2013 through Canlas.
The reporter was asked to attend the impeachment proceeding after Gadon told lawmakers in a hearing last week that he confirmed Sereno’s alleged tampering of a temporary restraining order recommended by De Castro in 2013 through Canlas.
De Castro has earlier denied giving information to Canlas: "I have never released to Jomar Canlas any information, report, or document regarding the work of the court."
De Castro has earlier denied giving information to Canlas: "I have never released to Jomar Canlas any information, report, or document regarding the work of the court."
Read More:
ANC
ANC Top
Jomar Canlas
Sereno impeachment
Maria Lourdes Sereno
Teresita De Castro
Lorenzo Gadon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT