Paolo Duterte has 'had enough of politics,' to retire in 2019 | ABS-CBN

Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!
Paolo Duterte has 'had enough of politics,' to retire in 2019
Paolo Duterte has 'had enough of politics,' to retire in 2019
ABS-CBN News
Published Oct 26, 2017 01:17 PM PHT

Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte will retire from politics come 2019.
Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte will retire from politics come 2019.
President Rodrigo Duterte's eldest son made the decision to stay away from politics when "his daughter, Sabina, cried in front of him and his wife" after senator Antonio Trillanes IV accused him of being a member of a drug triad, according to a statement Thursday.
President Rodrigo Duterte's eldest son made the decision to stay away from politics when "his daughter, Sabina, cried in front of him and his wife" after senator Antonio Trillanes IV accused him of being a member of a drug triad, according to a statement Thursday.
"Vice Mayor Duterte said that he had enough of politics and wanted to focus more on his family and on his small farm at the back of his house," the statement added.
"Vice Mayor Duterte said that he had enough of politics and wanted to focus more on his family and on his small farm at the back of his house," the statement added.
Duterte has repeatedly denied links to the drug trade and even appeared during a Senate probe, but refused to show his back that allegedly bore the triad's signature dragon tattoo.
Duterte has repeatedly denied links to the drug trade and even appeared during a Senate probe, but refused to show his back that allegedly bore the triad's signature dragon tattoo.
ADVERTISEMENT
Despite his retirement, the vice mayor assured that a Carpio-Duterte tandem will still run for the top two seats of Davao City in 2019.
Despite his retirement, the vice mayor assured that a Carpio-Duterte tandem will still run for the top two seats of Davao City in 2019.
"The husband of Mayor (Sara) Duterte, Manases Carpio, is very qualified to lead the city with his background in the law profession, while talks are ongoing with the youngest of the Duterte siblings, Sebastian," the statement read.
"The husband of Mayor (Sara) Duterte, Manases Carpio, is very qualified to lead the city with his background in the law profession, while talks are ongoing with the youngest of the Duterte siblings, Sebastian," the statement read.
Earlier this week, Inday Sara Duterte-Carpio, on Monday said she was not planning to run for senator in 2019 but may opt for a seat in the House of Representatives.
Earlier this week, Inday Sara Duterte-Carpio, on Monday said she was not planning to run for senator in 2019 but may opt for a seat in the House of Representatives.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT