Duterte sacks Pagdilao, Tinio from PNP | ABS-CBN

ADVERTISEMENT

dpo-dps-seal
Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!

Duterte sacks Pagdilao, Tinio from PNP

Duterte sacks Pagdilao, Tinio from PNP

Dharel Placido,

ABS-CBN News

Clipboard

MANILA - President Rodrigo Duterte has dismissed from police service two ranking officials he earlier accused of protecting the illegal drug trade.

Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella said the Office of the Executive Secretary signed last Thursday papers approving the dismissal from police service of former National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) director Chief Supt. Joel Pagdilao and former Quezon City Police District (QCPD) head Chief Supt. Edgardo Tinio.

Abella said the two policemen were dismissed after being found administratively liable for serious neglect of duty and serious irregularity in the performance of their duties.

“Evidence shows both generals deliberately refused, without cause, to perform their duties as police officers, resulting in the proliferation of drug in their areas of jurisdiction,” Abella said in a news conference in Malacañang on Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Pagdilao and Tinio were among the officials publicly accused by Duterte last year of protecting the drug trade.

The others were Chief Supt. Bernardo Diaz, and retired Chief Superintendent Vicente Loot and Marcelo Garbo.

Both Tinio and Pagdilao had denied Duterte’s allegation.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.