Duterte cancels trip to Brunei | ABS-CBN

Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!
Duterte cancels trip to Brunei
Duterte cancels trip to Brunei
ABS-CBN News
Published Sep 03, 2016 11:11 AM PHT

MANILA - President Rodrigo Duterte has cancelled his official visit to Brunei from September 4 to 5 following the explosion in Davao City on Friday, which killed 14 people and injured at least 70 others.
MANILA - President Rodrigo Duterte has cancelled his official visit to Brunei from September 4 to 5 following the explosion in Davao City on Friday, which killed 14 people and injured at least 70 others.
Duterte had been scheduled to meet with Brunei's leader, Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, and to meet with Filipinos in Brunei.
Duterte had been scheduled to meet with Brunei's leader, Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, and to meet with Filipinos in Brunei.
Brunei would have been the first leg of Duterte's first foreign trip as the new president of the Philippines.
Brunei would have been the first leg of Duterte's first foreign trip as the new president of the Philippines.
He, however, has decided to push through with his official trip to Vientiane, Laos for the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit from September 6 to 8, and to Indonesia on September 8 to 9.
He, however, has decided to push through with his official trip to Vientiane, Laos for the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit from September 6 to 8, and to Indonesia on September 8 to 9.
ADVERTISEMENT
In Vientiane, Duterte will formally accept the chairmanship of ASEAN for 2017 with the theme and logo to be unveiled, the Department of Foreign Affairs earlier said.
In Vientiane, Duterte will formally accept the chairmanship of ASEAN for 2017 with the theme and logo to be unveiled, the Department of Foreign Affairs earlier said.
Filipinos working in Brunei were hoping to meet Duterte on Sunday afternoon at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Sports complex. -- report from Doris Bigornia, ABS-CBN News
Filipinos working in Brunei were hoping to meet Duterte on Sunday afternoon at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Sports complex. -- report from Doris Bigornia, ABS-CBN News
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT