Cebu City gov't padlocks famed lechon resto's branches

Jude Torres, ABS-CBN News

Posted at Aug 03 2017 06:41 PM | Updated as of Aug 04 2017 10:18 AM

CEBU CITY - In one of Cebu's well-known lechon places, there shall be no roasting for now. 

The city government on Thursday padlocked two branches of Rico's Lechon for operating without a business permit. The restaurant's branches in Barangay Kamputhaw and Barangay Mabolo were closed when ABS-CBN News visited their locations.

In notices posted at the entrance of the two stores, the local government said the branches were shut down for continuing operations without a permit "despite two warnings."

Rico's Lechon branch in Barangay Kamputhaw was padlocked on Thursday for lack of a business permit. Jude Torres, ABS-CBN News
 Rico's Lechon branch in Barangay Mabolo was also shut down for operating without a permit. Jude Torres, ABS-CBN News

In a statement posted on their website later on Thursday, Rico's Lechon said they "acknowledged" having receive the notice from the office of the mayor, but maintained that processing had been ongoing and the company was just waiting for the final business permit release when the notice of closure has been served.

It added, requirements for the release had been "duly received by the designated local office or department prior to the notice."