LOOK: Gunman banned from casinos a month before attack

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Jun 05 2017 12:12 PM | Updated as of Jun 08 2017 10:05 PM

MANILA - Jessie Carlos, the gunman who attacked and set fire to gaming tables inside Resorts World Manila last week, had been banned from all Pagcor-regulated casinos about a month before the night of the shooting, according to a document obtained by ABS-CBN News on Monday.

The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation issued last March 24 a "player exclusion order" restricting Carlos' entry to all state-operated and regulated casinos from March 27, 2017 to March 26, 2018. 

The order was released on the request of Carlos's wife. 

Police on Sunday revealed that Carlos was a dismissed employee of the Department of Finance who became addicted to gambling and incurred millions of pesos in debt. 

Carlos' debt caused a rift in his relationship with his wife and parents, and also forced him to sell his sports utility vehicle and real estate property in the province, said Chief Superintendent Oscar Albayalde, director of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO). 

Albayalde also said Carlos' inclusion in Pagcor's banned casino players may have pushed him to attack Resorts World Manila. 

"This could have probably triggered him kaya galit na galit siya sa (and that is why he was enraged with) casino," Albayalde said in a press conference. 

MORE STORIES: Attack at Resorts World

-- With a report from Dennis Datu, ABS-CBN News