Family of beheaded Abu Sayyaf hostage cries for justice | ABS-CBN

ADVERTISEMENT

dpo-dps-seal
Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!

Family of beheaded Abu Sayyaf hostage cries for justice

Family of beheaded Abu Sayyaf hostage cries for justice

Edgar Escalante,

ABS-CBN News

 | 

Updated Apr 18, 2017 06:54 AM PHT

Clipboard

Noel Esconde was beheaded by the Abu Sayyaf bandit group Thursday.

CEBU - The family of a fisherman who was beheaded by the Abu Sayyaf Group is seeking justice for his death.

According to the family of Noel Esconde, they tried to negotiate with the bandits who first asked for a P50-million ransom.

The bandits told the family to produce P5 million by April 13 at 2 p.m.

The family only came up with P500,000.

ADVERTISEMENT

Esconde was the boat captain of FB Ramona. He and 3 other fishermen were kidnapped by the Abu Sayyaf in Sulu.

The terrorists are still holding Esconde's crew, along with more than a dozen foreign nationals in Jolo, according to Col. Cirilito Sobejana, commander of the Joint Task Force Sulu.

The militant group last year beheaded Canadians John Ridsdel and Robert Hall. An elderly German, Jurgen Kantner, suffered the same fate in February when a $600,000 ransom demand was not paid.

The Army said on Wednesday that an Abu Sayyaf leader who was directly involved in the kidnap and execution of the Canadian and German nationals was among those killed by Philippine troops in a clash on a resort island last week.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.