Duterte hits E.U. anew for criticizing war on drugs | ABS-CBN
ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!
Duterte hits E.U. anew for criticizing war on drugs
Duterte hits E.U. anew for criticizing war on drugs
ABS-CBN News
Published Mar 24, 2017 12:37 AM PHT

President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday lashed out again at the European Union for criticizing his war on drugs.
President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday lashed out again at the European Union for criticizing his war on drugs.
In a speech before the Integrated bar of the Philippines' (IBP) 16th National Convention of Lawyers, Duterte again hurled invectives at the E.U. and ridiculed suggestions that the country's drug problem be seen as a health issue.
In a speech before the Integrated bar of the Philippines' (IBP) 16th National Convention of Lawyers, Duterte again hurled invectives at the E.U. and ridiculed suggestions that the country's drug problem be seen as a health issue.
"Itong E.U. iba ang kultura ng mga g*** na ito. Health-based nila," Duterte said, as he accused the E.U. of "imposing its culture" on the Philippines.
"Itong E.U. iba ang kultura ng mga g*** na ito. Health-based nila," Duterte said, as he accused the E.U. of "imposing its culture" on the Philippines.
"Palibhasa itong E.U. Parliament, panay pulitiko. B**** talaga," Duterte continued.
"Palibhasa itong E.U. Parliament, panay pulitiko. B**** talaga," Duterte continued.
ADVERTISEMENT
He claimed that if he followed the European model for tackling the drug problem, the Philippine government would have to provide free shabu, marijuana, and other drugs to addicts.
He claimed that if he followed the European model for tackling the drug problem, the Philippine government would have to provide free shabu, marijuana, and other drugs to addicts.
Critics of the drug war have insisted that the drug problem needs to be also seen as a public health issue, as they scored the abuses committed in the president's campaign against illegal drugs.
Critics of the drug war have insisted that the drug problem needs to be also seen as a public health issue, as they scored the abuses committed in the president's campaign against illegal drugs.
Duterte said he was having none of it.
Duterte said he was having none of it.
"Wala na ginawa itong mga puti. Gusto nila health-based. Ako 'di kayang tanggapin yan," the President said.
"Wala na ginawa itong mga puti. Gusto nila health-based. Ako 'di kayang tanggapin yan," the President said.
He also brushed aside criticisms that most of those killed in the drug war were poor people.
He also brushed aside criticisms that most of those killed in the drug war were poor people.
"Itong mga NGO, sabihin mo, mga mahirap lang sila, pobre, inuna nyo pobre. You know, kung walang runner, walang trafficking," he said.
"Itong mga NGO, sabihin mo, mga mahirap lang sila, pobre, inuna nyo pobre. You know, kung walang runner, walang trafficking," he said.
Last week, the E.U. raised concerns about the human rights situation in the Philippines before the United Nations Human Rights Council. The E.U. said it is alarmed by the high number of casualties in Duterte's drug war.
Last week, the E.U. raised concerns about the human rights situation in the Philippines before the United Nations Human Rights Council. The E.U. said it is alarmed by the high number of casualties in Duterte's drug war.
The E.U. also called on the Philippines not to reimpose the death penalty.
The E.U. also called on the Philippines not to reimpose the death penalty.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT