Duterte to skip EDSA anniversary rites | ABS-CBN
ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!
Duterte to skip EDSA anniversary rites
Duterte to skip EDSA anniversary rites
ABS-CBN News
Published Feb 23, 2017 01:40 PM PHT
|
Updated Feb 23, 2017 03:56 PM PHT

MANILA - President Rodrigo Duterte will not attend EDSA Anniversary rites in Camp Aguinaldo Friday, Malacanang said.
MANILA - President Rodrigo Duterte will not attend EDSA Anniversary rites in Camp Aguinaldo Friday, Malacanang said.
Duterte will instead be in hometown Davao to attend the relaunch of Comprehensive Agreement on the Bangsamoro.
Duterte will instead be in hometown Davao to attend the relaunch of Comprehensive Agreement on the Bangsamoro.
Earlier, Malacanang said it will only hold a low-key celebration of the 31st anniversary of the EDSA People Power, a popular revolt in 1986 that led to the ouster of dictator Ferdinand Marcos.
Earlier, Malacanang said it will only hold a low-key celebration of the 31st anniversary of the EDSA People Power, a popular revolt in 1986 that led to the ouster of dictator Ferdinand Marcos.
The government opted to drop the traditional "Salubungan" at the EDSA People Power Monument in Quezon City, saying it wants to give Filipinos more time to reflect about the causes and effects of the historic revolution.
The government opted to drop the traditional "Salubungan" at the EDSA People Power Monument in Quezon City, saying it wants to give Filipinos more time to reflect about the causes and effects of the historic revolution.
ADVERTISEMENT
Former President Fidel V. Ramos, a key figure in the People Power revolution, had hoped Duterte would give due recognition to the event "as one of the country's treasures and gifts to the world."
Former President Fidel V. Ramos, a key figure in the People Power revolution, had hoped Duterte would give due recognition to the event "as one of the country's treasures and gifts to the world."
Duterte, a Marcos fan, allowed the burial of former dictator Ferdinand Marcos at the Heroes' Cemetery last year, drawing protests from Martial law human rights victims.
Duterte, a Marcos fan, allowed the burial of former dictator Ferdinand Marcos at the Heroes' Cemetery last year, drawing protests from Martial law human rights victims.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT