Zsa Zsa calls off engagement to longtime partner


Posted at May 03 2016 05:50 PM | Updated as of Oct 04 2016 02:09 PM


A photo posted by Zsa Zsa Padilla (@zsazsapadilla) on

MANILA (UPDATED) - Actress-singer Zsa Zsa Padilla has called off her engagement with architect Conrad Onglao, her daughter Karylle confirmed on Tuesday. 

Speaking to reporters at a campaign sortie for a presidential candidate, the 35-year-old Karylle said that Padilla and Onglao have split and has asked for the press to give her mother "time to heal." 

"May mga moments katulad nito na kailangan lang maging private," she said, refusing to reveal more details about the break-up. "I'll leave it to my mom to explain." 

In a statement released through her talent manager, Padilla said that both she and Onglao tried to save their relationship.

"It didn't work out," she said. 

Back in March, Padilla told reporters that she was already planning her wedding with Onglao and that it would happen sometime this year. Padilla, at the time, admitted that she wants an intimate ceremony. 

Padilla and Onglao, who proposed to the actress in August last year, have been a couple for more than two years. 

Before Onglao, Padilla was the long-time partner of the late Comedy King Dolphy. She was also married to dentist Modesto Tatlonghari, the father of Karylle. They separated in 1987. 

Onglao, on the other hand, was previously married to interior designer Ivy Almario, with whom he has two sons. They were divorced in the United States and obtained a legal separation, and church annulment here in the Philippines.