MANILA -- Film and TV director Wenn Deramas, whose movies dominate the list of the highest-grossing local films of all time, died on Monday morning due to cardiac arrest.
As the entertainment industry mourn the death of Deramas, ABS-CBN News had gathered some little-known facts about the late writer-director.
1. Before becoming a TV and movie director, Deramas worked as a waiter.
2. He worked as a writer for the show "Teysi ng Tahanan."
3. He suffered pneumonia while doing "Girl, Boy Bakla Tomboy."
4. Deramas was a solid fan of superstar Nora Aunor.
5. "Maria Leonora Teresa" was Deramas's first horror movie. (Its title refers to the famous doll of the '70s love team of Aunor and Tirso Cruz III.)
6. He was in a romantic relationship with actor DJ Durano for 10 years.
7. He was an avid collector of Wonder Woman action figures and mermaid figurines.
8. He believed in fantasy. This was the reason he loved directing fantaseryes like "Galema: Anak ni Zuma " and "Dyosa."
9. Deramas was a pet lover and owned more than five dogs.
10. Deramas was a good father.
"Isa po akong mabuting tatay. 'Yung kahit anong pagod ko, kahit anong puyat ko, ako pa din ang gumigising sa umaga para gisingin ang anak kong pumapasok sa school. Hanggang naliligo 'yan, hanggang hinihintay ko 'yan hanggang mag-breakfast, hanggang ihatid sa sasakyan, hanggang ba-bye bye at walang katapusang 'I love you, ingat,'" Deramas said in an interview with "Bandila."