Duterte skips 'Kris at Duterte' interview | ABS-CBN

ADVERTISEMENT

dpo-dps-seal
Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!

Duterte skips 'Kris at Duterte' interview

Duterte skips 'Kris at Duterte' interview

ABS-CBN News

 | 

Updated May 09, 2017 11:19 AM PHT

Clipboard

Kris Aquino and President Rodrigo Duterte. File Photo/Composite

(3rd UPDATE) President Rodrigo Duterte did not attend the townhall interview of Go Negosyo hosted by Kris Aquino because he was not feeling well.

The interview had been widely promoted and advertised by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), Go Negosyo Foundation, and TV5 on newspapers and TV ads, and on state-run station PTV 4.

Go Negosyo founder Joey Concepcion, however, said Duterte had to skip today's event at the SMX Convention Center in Davao City due to a "bad migraine."

"Minsan ang mga first date hindi natutuloy," said Aquino on stage after she was introduced by Concepcion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Aquino said she does not know why she was "snubbed."

Aquino, looking slimmer in a green dress, said she lost weight just for the exclusive interview.

"Minsan ang mga first date hindi natutuloy. President Duterte pinaghandaan kita, nag-dyeta ako ng dalawang linggo," Aquino said on stage at the SMX Convention Center in Davao City.

(Sometimes, the first date doesn't push through. I even prepared for this and went on a diet for two weeks.)

She hopes that her cancelled meeting with Duterte will still push through in the future.

"President Duterte, please give me a chance. I hope one day mamahalin mo rin ako (one day you will also love me)," she said.

"I apologize again that the date hindi natuloy (did not push through). I was stood up. But I assume the next time,...sisipot na siya (he will attend)."

She also shared that she talked to her brother on the phone after learning that Duterte won't make it to the event. She said her brother told her not to back out of the event.

"Nagtanong ako sa kuya ko kung dapat kong ituloy. Tumawag po ako at sinabi ko, Noy, I'm alone. Sabi ko sa kanya, what do I do? Sabi nya, 'You made a commitment. Nandyan ka para sa GoNegosyo, nandyan ka kasi you believe in the Philippine economy, and nandyan ka because you want everybody to be included in the growth of our economy,'" she said.

The event, which was scheduled to start at 4 pm, was delayed by over an hour and ended at around 6:30 pm.

Before closing the event, Aquino said the Duterte family was celebrating the 100th birth anniversary of the Duterte matriarch, Soledad, a supporter of her late mother, former President Corazon Aquino.

Concepcion said Duterte would be attending the next Go Negosyo event, prompting Aquino to quip, "Ako naman ang hindi a-attend."

Duterte later that night attended the launch of the Pilipinong May Puso Foundation at the Waterfront Insular Hotel.

He said he had a migraine earlier in the day that prevented him from attending the townhall interview of Go Negosyo hosted by Aquino.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.