Duterte rues freezing of Quiboloy, KOJC bank accounts | ABS-CBN

Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!
Duterte rues freezing of Quiboloy, KOJC bank accounts
Duterte rues freezing of Quiboloy, KOJC bank accounts
In this file photo, then-President Rodrigo Duterte responds to the queries of Kingdom of Jesus Christ founder and leader Pastor Apollo Quiboloy during a pre-recorded TV interview of the Sonshine Media Network International in Davao City aired on March 12, 2022. Joey Dalumpines, Presidential Photo/File

MANILA -- Former President Rodrigo Duterte believes that the freeze order issued by the Court of Appeals on 10 bank accounts, 7 real properties, 5 motor vehicles, and an aircraft belonging to Kingdom of Jesus Christ (KOJC) leader Pastor Apollo Quiboloy is wrong.
MANILA -- Former President Rodrigo Duterte believes that the freeze order issued by the Court of Appeals on 10 bank accounts, 7 real properties, 5 motor vehicles, and an aircraft belonging to Kingdom of Jesus Christ (KOJC) leader Pastor Apollo Quiboloy is wrong.
Duterte, who was appointed as KOJC's administrator of properties, said that the money comes from a church organization and that no public funds are involved.
Duterte, who was appointed as KOJC's administrator of properties, said that the money comes from a church organization and that no public funds are involved.
"Mag-abot ito sa Supreme Court. Mali yan. It does not involve public funds. There is no allegation of misuse kasi siya yung pinaka-chief eh. And there is no member of the Kingdom ngayon na nagsasabi na nalugi siya sa contribution, anong tawag nito," he said during a "Basta Dabawenyo" podcast episode on Monday.
"Mag-abot ito sa Supreme Court. Mali yan. It does not involve public funds. There is no allegation of misuse kasi siya yung pinaka-chief eh. And there is no member of the Kingdom ngayon na nagsasabi na nalugi siya sa contribution, anong tawag nito," he said during a "Basta Dabawenyo" podcast episode on Monday.
"I think that it is wrong. As a lawyer, if I would go to court, kung ako si pastor, I can get the relief that I should have," he added.
"I think that it is wrong. As a lawyer, if I would go to court, kung ako si pastor, I can get the relief that I should have," he added.
ADVERTISEMENT
Duterte also said that the number of government law enforcers outside the Kingdom of Jesus Christ in Buhangin, Davao City is an overkill for a single main subject of police operations.
Duterte also said that the number of government law enforcers outside the Kingdom of Jesus Christ in Buhangin, Davao City is an overkill for a single main subject of police operations.
Last week, KOJC members expressed concern over the presence of SWAT members with covered faces and no nameplates conducting checkpoints outside the compound.
Last week, KOJC members expressed concern over the presence of SWAT members with covered faces and no nameplates conducting checkpoints outside the compound.
"Dapat yung mga ganon, naka-full battle gear, isang pastor, Jesus Christ, the name above every name, ang laki ng congregation na yan tapos naka-full battle gear kayo. Magtanong ako, sino ang kalaban ninyo? Wala namang private army yan si pastor," he said.
"Dapat yung mga ganon, naka-full battle gear, isang pastor, Jesus Christ, the name above every name, ang laki ng congregation na yan tapos naka-full battle gear kayo. Magtanong ako, sino ang kalaban ninyo? Wala namang private army yan si pastor," he said.
Duterte emphasized that he does not want to make offensive remarks against the police and the military, as he was close to them during his administration.
Duterte emphasized that he does not want to make offensive remarks against the police and the military, as he was close to them during his administration.
However, he noted that the police authorities seem eager to impress because they are under orders to capture the controversial televangelist.
However, he noted that the police authorities seem eager to impress because they are under orders to capture the controversial televangelist.
"Medyo corny. Utusan mo lang ng tatlong NBI o tatlong pulis diyan, hulihin mo. That's an overkill. Alam mo kung ano, but the name of the game, pa-impress," he said.
"Medyo corny. Utusan mo lang ng tatlong NBI o tatlong pulis diyan, hulihin mo. That's an overkill. Alam mo kung ano, but the name of the game, pa-impress," he said.
RELATED VIDEO:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT