Lotto draws resume Wednesday, says PCSO

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Jul 31 2019 10:33 AM

MANILA - Lotto operations resumed Wednesday following President Rodrigo Duterte's decision to lift the suspension he had ordered last week, the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office said.

More than 21,000 lotto outlets and other PCSO gaming kiosks were shut nationwide from July 27 to 30 after the President declared these as illegal due to "massive corruption."

The agency vowed support for the President's fight against corruption and illegal gambling activities and said its programs were aligned with the government's objective.

"The PCSO continues is endeavor to fight and eradicate illegal gambling and corruption as the agency thrives in serving the public, especially those who are in dire need of help," it said.