MANILA- President Rodrigo Duterte’s anti-corruption body will conduct a lifestyle check on former and incumbent officials of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) in light of corruption issues hounding the agency.
Greco Belgica, commissioner of the Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission said Wednesday the review will also include all members of the PCSO’s board of directors.
“We will be conducting a lifestyle check against all of them after the pronouncement of the President that he is closing down PCSO operations for massive corruption,” Belgica said.
He added that the lifestyle check will also cover former PCSO general manager Alexander Balutan, who was sacked earlier this year due to corruption allegations.
President Duterte last week declared all PCSO gaming schemes, including the lottery, as illegal and ordered authorities to shut down gaming kiosks nationwide.
Lotto operations however resumed Wednesday after President Duterte lifted his suspension order.
Gaming schemes such as the Peryahan ng Bayan, small town lottery (STL) and Keno, however, remain suspended pending the results of an investigation into allegations of "illegal activities and corrupt practices."
The PCSO is an agency under the Office of the President, tasked to raise funds for medical assistance and health programs.