RTVM office on lockdown after 2 personnel test positive for COVID-19

Arianne Merez, ABS-CBN News

Posted at Jul 24 2020 08:17 PM | Updated as of Jul 24 2020 09:39 PM

MANILA (2nd UPDATE) - The office of Radio Television Malacañang (RTVM) at the Palace compound was placed under lockdown Friday after two of its personnel tested positive for COVID-19, its executive director Demic Pabalan said Friday.

Both personnel who tested positive for the respiratory illness were asymptomatic, Pabalan told ABS-CBN News.

All other personnel who had contact with the infected staff were tested on Friday, he said.

The lockdown is expected to last until next week, Pabalan said, noting that the Presidential broadcast office can resume work once remaining personnel test negative for the virus and once disinfection of its office is completed.

The RTVM is housed in a separate building within the Malacañang complex.

Pabalan assured the public that a separate RTVM team will cover President Rodrigo Duterte's State of the Nation Address on Monday.

Those who will cover the President's address will undergo COVID-19 swab testing on Sunday, he added.

Earlier this week, the Presidential Communications Operations Office also suspended work after one of its personnel tested positive for COVID-19.