MANILA - Reelectionist Sen. JV Ejercito has entered the winning circle in the Commission on Elections' (Comelec) partial and official tally of the May 2019 senatorial race.
Ejercito, who is backed by administration coalition and regional party Hugpong ng Pagbabago, is currently in 11th spot with 6,079,028 votes.
He knocked down fellow reelectionist Sen. Bam Aquino, an opposition candidate from Otso Diretso ticket, into the 13th spot with 5,722,776 votes.
Reelectionist Sen. Nancy Binay, meanwhile, slid down to the 12th spot with 5,949,885 votes.
The National Board of Canvassers has so far tallied 89 out of 167 certificates of canvass (COCs) Thursday midnight.
Here are the partial and official results from Comelec:
- Cynthia Villar (NP) - 10,416,332
- Grace Poe (IND) - 9,151,162
- Bong Go (PDPLBN) - 8,549,086
- Pia Cayetano (NP) - 8,417,229
- Bato Dela Rosa (PDPLBN) - 8,025,527
- Sonny Angara (LDP) - 7,699,782
- Imee Marcos (NP) - 7,157,978
- Lito Lapid (NPC) - 6,607,637
- Francis Tolentino (PDPLBN) - 6,552,739
- Koko Pimentel (PDPLBN) - 6,220,434
- JV Ejercito (NPC) - 6,079,028
- Nancy Binay (UNA) - 5,949,885
- Bam Aquino (LP) - 5,722,776
- Bong Revilla (LAKAS) - 5,677,321
- Jinggoy Estrada (PMP) - 4,696,167
- Serge Osmeña (IND) - 4,030,825
- Mar Roxas (LP) - 4,018,209
- Doc Willie Ong (LAKAS) - 3,592,495
- Jiggy Manicad (IND) - 3,157,138
- Dong Mangudadatu (PDPLBN) - 3,138,647
Candidates from administration party PDP-Laban and regional party Hugpong ng Pagbabago had 9 bets in the top 12, while the opposition Otso Diretso came up empty.
Three candidates in the top 12 were not allied with the administration nor with the opposition — reelectionist senators Poe and Binay and returning senator Lapid.
Click here for ABS-CBN's election results.
- With a report from Jeffrey Hernaez, ABS-CBN News