Residents of Inabanga town in Bohol province were evacuated again Thursday night amid the continuing threat of Abu Sayyaf bandits.
Many of the evacuees are from Barangay Lonoy Cainsican and Lonoy Roma, where a cadaver of an alleged Abu Sayyaf member was found.
Residents said they were asked again to evacuate for a possible military operation.
They received reports that Abu Sayyaf members who are still on the loose knocked on doors of residents to ask for food.
Joselito Melloria, a man said to be a resident of Barangay Napo and became an Abu Sayyaf recruit, was also seen with a back injury, according to residents.
Soldiers are still scouring the fields of Barangay Napo in Inabanga for bodies and remnants of the firefight that ensued between government forces and Abu Sayyaf members earlier this week.
High-powered firearms were among the items recovered from the remains of the Abu Sayyaf who were killed in Sitio Ilaya.
Eleven Abu Sayyaf members arrived in Bohol from Mindanao on Tuesday to carry out kidnapping plans during the Holy Week, but were thwarted after residents reported sightings of the suspicious men.
Five bandits were killed in the firefight, and government forces are still "tracking" 6 others. - with reports from Chiara Zambrano, ABS-CBN News