MANILA - Government on Sunday denied circulating posts on social media claiming that it has decided to further extend Luzon's lockdown after April 30.
The Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases has yet to discuss another extension of the enhanced community quarantine after it decided to prolong the lockdown for another 2 weeks, Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said.
"Hindi po totoo iyan. Wala pang--fake news naman po yan so kung may nagpapakalat nito, hindi po namin pinag-uusapan yung extension ng lockdown after April 30," he said in a virtual press briefing.
(It's not true. There's not--It's fake news, so if there are those who are spreading it, we are not yet discussing an extension of the lockdown after April 30.)
"Hindi po yan totoo na nakapagdesisyon na rin ang IATF na iextend natin o kung anu-anuman diyan."
(It's not true that the IATF has decided to extend the lockdown.)
Government earlier said it would go after peddlers of misinformation about the pandemic, with the National Bureau of Investigation issuing 17 subpoenas so far.