MANILA- It is unnecessary for President Rodrigo Duterte to get tested anew for the new coronavirus disease, his spokesman said Monday, as the chief executive remains "fit and healthy."
Duterte, who is on self-quarantine, does not exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19, Presidential Spokesman Salvador Panelo assured the public.
"President Duterte remains fit and healthy. No need for a 2nd COVID test," Panelo said in a statement.
"He does not have any symptoms of colds, cough, fever, sore throat or shortness of breath," he said.
The 75-year-old Duterte had previously tested negative for COVID-19.
His quarantine is scheduled to end on Tuesday, April 7.