MANILA – Preparing to welcome 2015 at home? Consider adding these fruits to your dining table on New Year’s Eve to attract prosperity and good luck, a feng shui practitioner said.
According to Hanz Cua, these 12 “lucky” fruits symbolize each month of the year, bringing anything from money and luxury to happiness and good health.
Here are Cua’s 12 suggested fruits and their respective meanings:
1. Pineapple – the Chinese word for pineapple is “ong-lai,” which means “fortune cones.”
2. Orange – represents gold in Chinese tradition. Its round shape signifies money.
3. Apple – the Chinese word for apple is “ping,” which means “harmony.”
4. Grapes – represents luxury as these are traditionally eaten by royalty.
5. Banana – comes in clusters, symbolizing unity. Its yellow color stands for happiness.
6. Mango – its sweetness signifies strong family ties.
7. Lemon – its fragrance and essence is known to cleanse and remove negative vibes.
8. Watermelon – symbolizes prosperity. Its many seeds stand for abundance.
9. Papaya – similar to the orange, it represents gold in Chinese tradition.
10. Lychee – its round, red body stands for happiness and good fortune.
11. Avocado – its colors – green and purple – symbolize prosperity.
12. Pomelo – its bright red or pink pulp represents good health.