The theme was to put their own modern spin on the Filipiniana dress -- a way to creatively put the spotlight on our own culture.
No doubt, many of the female stars who attended the ABS-CBN Ball 2019 delivered in that respect: from gowns inspired by the country's famous old churches, to those that boast a Maria Clara-like aesthetic.
But according to Metro, there was one among them who stood out the most.
The magazine named Bea Alonzo and her gorgeous black gown with a daring slit, which was designed by Jun Escario, as the best-look from this year's red carpet.
Check out their top 10 list below, which also features the likes of Liza Soberano, Nadine Lustre and Kathryn Bernardo.
10. Kira Balinger Designer: Mark Bumgarner
9. Ylona Garcia Designer: Michael Leyva
8. Jane De Leon Designer: Vania Romoff
7. Charo Santos Designer: Francis Libiran
6. Sarah Lahbati Designer: Mark Bumgarner
5. Nadine Lustre Designer: Michael Leyva
4. Kathryn Bernardo Designer: Michael Cinco
3. Anne Curtis Designer: Mich Dulce
2. Liza Soberano Designer: Patricia Santos
1. Bea Alonzo Designer: Jun Escario