The popular rapper is set to release two new collections with Guess Originals
Fresh off the success of their last collaboration, two new Guess Originals x A$AP Rocky lines are dropping at Guess stores. Both capsule collections deliver an array of pieces inspired by the iconic brand’s classical looks executed in a new light.
The first collection, “Guess Club,” focuses more on denim pieces and printed tees with pops of color. “Ice Cream Cotton Candy Club,” the second collection, is a bit more nostalgic. Think back to bell-bottoms, high necklines, midriff tops, and maxi dresses but in stripes and brighter, softer tones.
One could begin to question that with all his success from these collections, could this famed rapper be the next Kanye West? Do we have a new Yeezy over here?
Aside from dating Kendall Jenner, here are 10 things you might not have known about the hit musician.
1. His real name is Rakim Mayers. A$AP Rocky got his stage name from the hip hop group A$AP Mob, of which he is also a part of.
2. He was a young rapper. The artist started at his craft at the tender age of 8.
3. His Instagram game is on point. No seriously, check it out. His Instagram handle’s “asaprocky.”
4. He is the new face of Under Armour. It was just announced in mid-July that A$AP Rocky is the athletic wear brand’s next ambassador.
5. He enjoys listening to classical music in the car. For a heightened effect, Rocky puts on classical tunes to feel like he is part of the mob.
6. He was in a Sundance film. In 2015, the rapper had a cameo role in the indie Sundance film, “Dope,” which also starred Chanel Iman.
7. When they were dating, Iggy Azalea had a tattoo of Rocky’s breakout mixtape “Live.Love. A$AP.” She subsequently removed the A$AP part of the tattoo after the split.
8. He used to open for Drake’s concert. In 2012 A$AP Rocky, alongside Kendrick Lamar, was the opening acts for the hit singer of “Passionfruit.”
9. His first collaboration with Guess -- “GUE$$” -- was launched February 2016. “Guess Club” and “Ice Cream Cotton Candy Club” are Rocky’s highly anticipated second and third collaboration with Guess.
10. He is a pescetarian. The musician claims to not have eaten pork, beef, or chicken for the past for years. He only eats fish.