MANILA — Actress Iza Calzado is due to be released from hospital confinement, following a test result that confirms she no longer has the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Calzado, 37, has tested negative for COVID-19, her manager Noel Ferrer announced on Monday.
"It's an amazing start of the week as we were just told that Iza can go home tomorrow after completing her IV antibiotics!" he wrote in an Instagram post.
"Moreover, the good news is — Iza's retest results came back and she is now negative for COVID," Ferrer said.
Calzado first revealed she had been suffering from pneumonia on March 25. Three days later, Ferrer said that his ward tested positive for COVID-19.
"We would like to thank each and everyone of you for your prayers, love and support especially the doctors, nurses and all the health workers who continuously risk their lives to serve us all at this time," Ferrer said in his latest statement.
"Let us continue to pray as Iza continues to heal and support others who are battling with the virus. Indeed, we pray and heal as one," he said.
Calzado is the second showbiz personality to be infected with COVID-19, after screen veteran Christopher de Leon.
De Leon has since been discharged from the hospital.
Another actor, Menggie Cobarrubias, who succumbed to pneumonia recently, was tested for COVID-19. His results have yet to be released.
Prior to the Luzon lockdown due to coronavirus, which effectively halted showbiz productions, Calzado was filming the upcoming ABS-CBN teleserye "Ang Sa Iyo Ay Akin."
It's unclear when Calzado first showed symptoms of COVID-19.