Christopher de Leon discharged from hospital, now on home quarantine

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Mar 25 2020 11:17 AM

MANILA – Veteran actor Christopher de Leon has been discharged from the hospital, his manager Lolit Solis confirmed to ABS-CBN News on Tuesday.

Although the “Love Thy Woman” actor is now in better condition, Solis said de Leon will still undergo quarantine for 14 more days.

When asked if de Leon is already cleared from the coronavirus, Solis said: “Meron pa rin siya. Kasi may sipon pa siya, pero maganda kasi 'yung recovery [signs] niya kaya pinauwi na siya kaya [lang] dapat naka-quarantine pa rin.”

Meanwhile, Solis also revealed that the COVID-19 test of de Leon’s wife Sandy Andolong came out negative.

Solis said de Leon was more concerned of his wife because she has a weak immune system being a kidney transplant patient.

De Leon announced last Tuesday that he tested positive for COVID-19, amid a pandemic that has put the Philippines under a state of calamity and the entire Luzon in lockdown.

The 63-year-old actor asked those who have "come in contact me within the last week or two to observe stringent self-quarantine, observe for symptoms and follow the triage procedures published by the DOH, whether asymptomatic or not."

De Leon is currently part of the ABS-CBN afternoon drama "Love Thy Woman." While the series continues to air episodes it has so far taped, it is one of the ABS-CBN programs that have indefinitely halted production due to COVID-19.