MANILA -- President Rodrigo Duterte will start all 100 flagship infrastructure projects within his term and complete "around 38," an economic adviser said Friday.
Duterte's "Build, Build, Build" list of trains, railways, airports, roads and bridges was recently expanded to 100 from the original 75.
"We commit to start ALL the projects in this revised list, complete around 38 of them within the President’s term while the rest will either be partially operable or have substantial accomplishment moving into the next administration," Presidential Adviser on Flagship Projects Vince Dizon said in a letter to Albay Rep. Joey Salceda.
Salceda earlier proposed the filing of a bill to grant Duterte "emergency powers" to move "Build, Build, Build" faster.
Dizon said the following projects were among those expected to be completed:
- Delpan Bridge to Napindan Channel Project (DPWH)
- Pulangi 4 Selective Dredging Phase 3 (NPC)
- Mactan-Cebu International Airport (DOTr)
- Bohol-Panglao International Airport (DOTr)
- Cagayan de Oro Passenger Terminal Building (DOTr)
- Cavite Gateway Terminal (DOTr)
- Communication Navigation System/Air Traffic Management (DOTr)
- NLEX Harbor Link Segment 10 (DPWH)
- Laguna Lake Highway (DPWH)
- Governor Miranda Bridge (DPWH)
- Marcos Bridge (DPWH)
- Pigalo Bridge (DPWH)
- Anduyan Bridge (DPWH)
- Leyte Tide Embankment Project (DPWH)
- Pasig Marikina River Flood Control Project (DPWH)
- New Clark City Phase 1A (BCDA)
Under the revised list, 35 projects are currently ongoing, 32 will commence construction in 6 to 8 months, 21 are in advanced stages of approval and 12 in the advanced stages of feasibility study, Dizon said.
The new list is categorized into 5: Transport and Mobility, Power, Water, Information and Communications Technology, and Urban Development and Renewal.